The stand-alone version of SeqVerter is a light-weight dialog-based version of the GeneStudio SeqVerter component. It provides much of the same functionality as the component version.
The SeqVerter window is divided into four main areas, the Sequence selection list, File commands, Sequence information, and General commands.
Sequence selection list
The Sequence selection list is a list box containing the names of all opened sequences.
- Checkboxes beside sequences names are used to select sequences for export.
- Sequences in the list may be opened from many different source files simultaneously.
- Clicking a sequence name will highlight it and the information about the sequence will be displayed in the Sequence info box (see below).
- Buttons below the list include:
- View - view sequence data for the highlighted sequence.
- Select all - select all sequences for export.
- Deselect all - deselect all sequences for export.
- Clear - remove all sequences from the list.
- Sequences can be added to the list using drag-and-drop from Windows Explorer, or by using the import function.
The File commands box includes the Import, Split and Merge buttons
- Import - uses the standard Open file dialog box to select one or more sequence file to open.
- Merge sequences - export the selected sequences to a multiple-sequence file.
- Split sequences - export the selected sequences to single-sequence files.
The Sequence info box displays information about the sequence that is highlighted in the Sequence selection list, including:
- Name - name of the sequence.
- Def - definition line of the sequence.
- Type - type of the sequence (nucleic acid or amino acid).
- Size - length of the sequence.
- File - name of the file containing the sequence.
- Format - format of the file containing the sequence.
General command buttons
At the bottom of the SeqVerter window are the general command buttons. They include:
- About SeqVerter - displays version and the Copyright information.
- Options - calls the SeqVerter Options dialog box.
- Help - displays the SeqVerter help file.
- Exit - exits SeqVerter.
- Updates - checks the GeneStudio Website for newer versions of SeqVerter, and optionally installs the newer version.